Skip to main content

Mona Adam

It is quite weird to realize how growing up, I was always happy in love, never single, always moving on to the next. With that being said, I recall a time when I found myself committed to five beautiful souls.

It was the December of 2006, the year I began to embrace who I was, the part of me I had been so desperately trying to fight off.

Stuck in an ever-shrinking cloak room, as I inevitably grew older.

Unbelievably, it might have been a ton work, however it worked for me, and it somehow helped with my lacking “self-esteem.”  The location of choice for our parties always varied and my lesbian friend always made sure I was aware of any beautiful man that glanced my way. She ensured that I was to be successful in love, even if it was for that one night. However, she did not anticipate the rate in which I would enjoy and seek out my own conquests, as I gained an invaluable sense of importance and esteem I had never felt/had.

Fast forward 10 years now, I am twenty-seven and feel like a tortoise that has found itself on its back, struggling to make sense of the world around me, love.

It is harder now to find love as now I no longer define it by my eyes nor your lustful gaze. No longer that guy always fending for his cock, but always thinking of the future with intentions of laying a foundation for a life that will be mine and hopefully the one I will be walking side by side with.

Gone are the days of finding someone to bring joy to my life for a couple or several weeks. I am in it for the long haul, traversing the tapestries of love as an adult. I find it odd how people choose to define their own relationships and at times recant their previous loves as “just flings,” “time wasted”,  and as drafts of an essay find themselves on the floor and around the trash can.

I never want to refer to another person as such, nor do I want my time spent with someone easily forgotten or referred to as such – a waste. For every encounter, every text and call, a slide into the DM's and whimsy gaze are part of my journey.

We often encounter beautiful people in our lives that make their willingness apparent and repelling these advances does not mean them unworthy. just not ready for what you have in store, not ready for the plan. For attracting needs reciprocation and often, we are so self-absorbed in our own lives that these people slip by.

I wish YOU were around. We could lay on the sofa watching TV and then forget it as we start talking a whole lot of shit and laughing. End up on the floor listening to good music and sharing a part of each other. Things we have never shared with anyone else.

Like what, why is it so hard to find such these days or am I just too meticulous?

We all aspire for our lives, whether it be for our careers or personal lives and often both eyes are set on one of these as the other can pass us by. And at times, we are quick to announce to the world "I am ready", scrap-booking our perfect other not considering, what the other may want.

Never stray and stay true. Even if you end up yearning for what you do not have, it will be yours in time.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crazy, Stupid : LOVE

Last month, after months (actually almost a year) of persuasion, someone who had always wanted to call myself his, finally twisted my arm and I said “Yes”. The thing is, after my last relationship last year; I told myself that I would take a back seat from the dating world. Every relationship I partook in, ended up being either a total disaster, me being hurt or just losing interest. People have a tendency of portraying a “perfect” and poised persona when they meet a potential mate. “Why?” you may ask, I am not sure, but I would assume that it plays in their favour, as we always create these lists for ourselves of the perfect mate: ·          Perfect smile, ·          Perfect and fair complexion (apparently the most desired), ·          An amazing dresser, ·          And a man with money and a provider. Question is; why do we create such expectations for potential lovers when we do not do the same for ourselves? It is all good to know what you want, but what are y

Killing Time

I never understood why people put so much time and energy into the mission that is, SEX, until some time last year. As I look back to the experience that was, I find myself thinking about the first time I climaxed. My first sexual experience on my grandmother's leather couch; I was watching cartoons, bored stiff - more like flaccid. My left hand found its way down my pants and started stroking my limp, thick scarfed penis, in the hopes that this would occupy my time. It arose in all its might. I remembered my friend Steve making these funny gestures with his right hand, in a motion alien to me. A motion he so happily expressed when he thought our male friends "Kray". So in the moment, I thought, I should explore this phenomenon and see what it was all about. I stood up and made sure the front door was locked. I lowered my shorts and underwear and continued "killing time". What happened next was unexpected. This meaningless motion which I undertook to occupy

Mistaken Identities

Ever found yourself in a position whereby you saw someone you didn't know... and you thought they were perfect, nothing about him/her was imperfect...and all you wanted was to be around that person because they seemed to exude such an amazing aura? I have, far too many times and I have a habit of not learning, not growing and not being able to distinguish between what is real and what will lead to pain: I followed your life from a distance I followed you at a distance Pacing myself Preparing my life Making reservations for us, But all I ever did was wait for that bus. I loved you then I love now I will love you forever Until I love you numb, Continuously making reservations Awaiting the devastation You were all I wanted You played me coy Your perfection personified A well put together porcelain mannequin Always reserved That memory I will always preserve But like all the others that came before you, all I saw was the perfection of porcelain. The smooth poli